New for October 2020 Sail the Forth Bridges
Experience the excitement of joining the crew of yacht Chinwag to sail the Forth estuary. Exploring the Forth Rail Bridge an UNESCO site, the Forth Road Bridge and the spectacular new Queensferrry crossing. You can be a spectator and admire the scenery or you can be as hands on as you want in sailing the yacht. All tours are, of course, subject to weather and in the event of cancellation, which we will endeavour to do by 6pm the preceeding day, we will reschedule or refund the full cost.
A half day, 3 hour (9.00-12.00 or 1.00-4.00) sail, costs £290 per group. A whole day sail, 6 hour (10.00-4.00), costs £580 and includes a choice of lunches at anchor.
Fill in the form to enquire about tours in October. Tours will resume again on 28.3.21.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Small Group
Sail past and around the small historic islands in the Forth and capture Edinburgh Castle, Arthur’s Seat, Hopetoun House, Blackness Castle, the historic village of Culross and the 12th Century Inchcolm Abbey from a coastal perspective. Anchor for lunch and enjoy seafood and /or seasonal vegetables in the open air(or in the saloon if inclement weather). Sea birds and seals are commonplace. Enjoy the pleasure of travelling under sail in an unhurried adventure along Edinburgh’s coastline for an unforgettable day.
- 3 hour/ 6 hour sail along the Forth estuary
- Hot refreshments and home baking
- Scottish lunch if sailing all day-seafood/vegan/charcuterie with sourdough bread and salad
- Life jackets and safety briefing
- An opportunity to be hands on sailing the yacht
- Use of binoculars
- Fully qualified crew and coded yacht
- Waterproof and thermal clothing(essential!)
- Soft soled footwear (essential also!)